Friday, November 28, 2014

The Little Girl!

Taking a final look at my sleek outfit into my car's shining blackness I slam the door and smile at the radiance of my tailored black suit merging into the color of the Bugatti. My next move comes as an instinct. I turn around swiftly and my arm protrudes out of my side bringing the Rolex at a reasonable distance from my face. Eyeing the lights and beaming ladies of tonight's party, I fumble for the iPhone in my pocket and a moment later check its luminous screen for any updates. After these ceremonial moves my steps fall into a graceful gait. With curious eyes I take yet another look at the people flocking inside the expansive mansion in front of me. Some wearing all their wealth, a few elegant like me and others eager to join the company of people like me. I throw charms at the people eager to greet me and prepare myself like a warrior for tonight's rituals. It is always an impression of my money on the table, a few drinks and then walking away with the most beautiful lady in the house. At the end of the night being me is always worth it. Something in the midst of these thoughts gets my attention. I stop in my steps with my neck tilting uneasily towards a small gate made of iron bars, on the side wall of the mansion. My smiling eyes forget their blinking instinct for a moment. A little girl holding a small piece of bread smiles at the lights and colors of the mansion. She is covered in rags too dirty for this place and so she stands on the other side of the gate. Unintentionally my whole body makes a turn over my black laced shoes in the direction of this girl. Rushing through the people I reach the gate in her front. She looks at me and giggles but something brings tears to her eyes. My eyes fix on a deep cut on her cheek that prevents her from giggling. I extend my hand towards her. We both hesitate. She looks frightened and I am uneasy about the dirt on her skin. Then I take off my Rolex and extend it towards her, making a gesture for her to take it. She takes it, awed. Then she smiles and giggles and sobs. My heart bursts into a thousand pieces. I fall to the ground on my knees and pass my hands through the bars, pulling her closer. She grasps my black necktie and plays with it. I kiss the cut on her cheek. She gasps a little and then smiles. Suddenly I am struck by a thought. I get up and with a serious look I tell her to stay in the same place. I run back towards my Bugatti not caring to look into its beauty for a moment. On my next move the engine springs to life and I reverse it towards the small gate on the wall. I open the car door for the little girl. She comes running and jumps into the seat. I close the door for her. The stench coming from her seems to be the best fragrance in the whole world. I steer the car towards the road and she instantly hugs me and giggles but this time she doesn't sob. Maybe she has forgotten her pain. I also play along with a little kiddish laughter. I stop my car in the parking of a mall. Coming out of the car, I open her door and pick her up in my arms. She puts her little hand on a white frock in the garments shop. My credit card sees the rest. I take her to the restroom and wash her all up. She makes her face as I help her get into the new dress and I kiss her again. Now I come out of the restroom with a little angel in my arms. She points towards the candies on a side stall. I let her go free and she runs towards them. I follow her in her small steps. She fills hers fists with all the candies and then my front pocket too. As she kisses me there, everyone around smiles and tells me that I am lucky to have the most beautiful girl in the world with me. After an ice cream and few chocolates, she rests her head on my shoulder and yawns tiredly. I bring her back to the car and drive towards my place. She falls asleep on the way. I take her in my arms along to my bedroom. I dismiss all the servants and carefully put her on my bed. While taking off her shoes a tear falls from my eyes. I am dumbstruck. Never had I cried in my life but then it all came as a flash. My luxuries and deeds. I reach for some wine but the Holy Call reaches my ears from a distant place. I put the wine back and open the window. A gust of wind with the sound of God's name in it, takes me over. I fall back on the carpet and sit with my head in my knees. With a few deep breaths I give myself in to my new life. Instantly I turn around looking at the sleeping angle and whisper 'Thank you!.......For enlightening me!.....oh little girl!'

No comments:

Post a Comment